2.15.2007

Bringin' home the bacon?

I have grown immune to my alarm clock. We've had the same alarm clock for over 10 years and it is no longer is sufficient at waking me up. It annoys me; some days it pisses me off; but it definately doesn't wake me.

Every morning sometime between 5:30 and 6:00 I begin an elaborate production of sleep walking across the room every 7 minutes or so, occasionally tripping over the dog, to push the snooze button. By the way,we cleverly placed the alarm clock across the room so we would not be tempted to continually push the snooze button. Then I sleep walk my way back to the warm comfy bed with my warm comfy husband and my snuggly cat and fall into a slightly deeper state of sleep. Consequently, most mornings I get up way too late and am way too rushed. I'm sure you'll agree that this is clearly not a personality defect or a result of going to bed too late, but the sign of a totally useless and uninspiring alarm clock.

So, I've been looking at alarm clock alternatives. Lately I've been thinking that I wanted a clock that incorporated my iPod so that I could wake up happily to a playlist of my choosing. I mean how great would that be? I can just imagine all the positive implications that waking up to great music would have. Why, I bet I would be more organized; my house would be cleaner; my children happier, the benefits are endless really! Oh yes, these alarm clocks are pretty pricey. But can you put a price on that kind of happiness? Thank you. I didn't think so. Anyway, I was all ready to shell out the bucks for the alarm clock that would put an end to my morning drudgery, and then.... THEN! I found THIS!

Oh dear god, when will they market this? I can tell you that if it's available by Christmas, some of you lucky friends and family will definately be finding one under your tree. Until then, I guess I'll have to settle for iPod alarm clock...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was thinking an alarm clock more like this one would be your style.
http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/26/buzzing-copter-inspired-blowfly-alarm-clock-goes-on-sale/